A day in the life of Frankie and the boys, featuring Jalani Clemmons with Frankie and Benny Gonzales.
Don’t miss the Q & A with Jalani Clemmons following the editorial.
Photographer: Meg Stacker
Hair & Makeup: Angalina Sandoval
Props and Masks: Emily Wood
Braids: Kim Clemmons
Meg Stacker loves working with children and getting to know them a little more. Below is an interview where we get to know Model and Actor Jalani Clemmons.
Can you tell us more about your experience of preparing for A Raisin in the Sun, at Seattle Repertory Theater?
I prepared for A Raisin In the Sun by, by studying the mannerisms of actor Steven Perry “Travis”, in the original 1961 movie with Sydney Poitier, and Ruby Dee. I also remember my Nana telling me stories of how things were in the south back then, and a lot of our family lives in Chicago. My mom also told me about how things were in Chicago at that time. We also had a dramaturgy packet, that my mom read to me to get me more familiar with the characters, and the culture of African Americans during that time. My Grandma in the play also acted a lot like my Nana, so I became really attached to her (as well as all of the other actors). As far as becoming Travis, that was easy because he is pretty similar to myself so I didn’t have to dig that deep.
Q & A’s:
1. What is your favourite thing to do? Play lego’s, write, draw, and collect Pokemon cards.
2. If you wrote a book, what would you name the main character and where would he go? Jay, and he would go on an adventure to a secret island.
3. What is your favourite food? Thai
4. What is your favourite part of your day/school/activity? Recess
5. If the story of YOU became a movie, how would the movie end? The credits would start rolling, and I would be walking off into the sunset as if the world is mine.
6. Do you have any jokes to tell me? What is a cow with no legs? “Ground beef!” Or what did the fry say when he was running from the tomato? “Come on, catch up!” (Boom, haha).
7. If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would it be and where would you go to get it? A Panther, in the Rain Forrest in Africa, or Latin America.
8. What are you are proud of? I’m proud of myself for keeping up with school, while I was in the play.
9. When was the last time you cried? Monday, October 24th
10. When was the last time you laughed really hard? Monday, October 25th
11. What do you want to be when you grow up? A famous actor, soccer player, and an engineer.
12. If you could change anything in the world, what would you change and how? I would change the world by writing and directing a play, that would educate and inspire people to support black lives.
13. If you could wake up tomorrow with a superpower, what superpower would you want to have? If I woke up with a superpower, I would want to be able to time travel.
14. If you could have any three wishes granted, what would they be? My three wishes would be 1. That I have a great life (happy, healthy, wealthy, and to share it with someone that loves me unconditionally) 2. To live in a big mansion 3. For my mom to live the same life that I want for myself, and to live for a long time.
15. What is your biggest dream? My biggest dream is to be the highest paid, top grossing, most famous actor in the world, as well as a famous unstoppable soccer player (like Messi)!
16. What is your biggest worry? My biggest worry is that the world will end right in front of my eyes.
17. If you could change your name, would you want to and what name would you choose instead? I love my name, it fits me, so I wouldn’t want to change it.
18. What are you proudest of in your life? I am most proud of getting the part of Travis, in A Raisin in the Sun at the Seattle Repertory Theatre 🙂
19. What is one thing in this world you would change? Hatred, injustice, and pollution.
First Look: Frankie: Dress by Pippa and Julie
Benny: Black and white striped Shirt & jean Shorts by Zara, Shoes by Converse
Jalani: orange striped Shirt is Vintage, Shoes by Vans
Second Look: Frankie: Jacket by Zara Kids, Shorts by Mini Boden
Benny (Boy): Shirt by Zara Kids, Pants by Nordstrom,’Quentin’ Trouser
Third Look: Jalani: Tshirt – Hanes, Shorts by Wrangler
All rights reserved
All posts copyright Junior Style Sales Ltd.
Please do not reproduce without permission.