It’s hard to imagine, but Jimi Hendrix—considered by many to be the greatest guitar player ever—spent a mere four years in the spotlight, before his premature death at 27 years of age. His musical legacy continues unabated to this day— and thankfully, so does his fashion sense. Perfecting the quintessential ‘festival’ look, we’re pleased to present Collezioni Bambini’s Jimi Hendrix, a rock n’ roll fashion editorial that will get you thinking about your own festival plans (they’re coming up sooner than you think!). Keep reading for 5 styling tips to recreate these looks for yourself or your little ones!
1. Get out those jackets—military-stye coats, army jackets, and school boy blazers are the perfect topper to give your outfit that little counter-culture edge (bonus points for velvet).
2. Put something—anything!—in your hair. A scarf, braided headband, or bandana should do the trick but topping things off with a wide-brimmed hat is another alternative.
3. Statement jewelry is a non-negotiable; chunky rings, over-sized bejeweled pendants, and generally anything with natural stones or feathers captures the tribal vibes of a late sixties rocker.
4. Pattern play is a sure way to get the look—this is not the time to be conservative about matchy-matchy colours either! Have fun, and get a little wild with textures, too, mixing wool, leather, cotton, and corduroy.
5. Fringe is synonymous with the late 60’s love fest look. Also in this category is faux fur, or Mongolian sheep’s wool if you’re so inclined!
Jimi Hendrix for Collezioni Bambini
Photography: Marco Tassinari
Styling: Petra Barkhof
Grooming: June Sawyer
All rights reserved.
All posts copyright Junior Style Sales Ltd.
Please do not reproduce without permission.