We are thrilled to share Style Piccoli’s masterful editorial Sotto la Foglia. Inspired by Italian residence Lo Scarabeo sotto la Foglia (Beetle Under the Leaves), bright prints and contrasting colors are brilliantly juxtaposed against a stark modern interior. A collaboration between collector Giobatta Meneguzzo, interior designer Nanda Vigo, and architect Gio Ponti, Lo Scarabeo sotto la Foglia was as a lively meeting space for members of the ZERO art movement that had been established in Germany and spread quickly abroad in the post-war period.
ZERO art was a radical departure from the Abstract Expressionism of Jackson Pollock and Willem de Kooning that radically reduced figural form and emphasized monochrome, movement, and pure light. Lo Scarabeo sotto la Foglia is an architectural manifesto of ZERO art values that feels perfectly current in our Instagram-able world with its white, light-filled interior, clean lines, and iconic furry staircase.
The tabula rasa afforded by Lo Scarabeo sotto la Fogila is perhaps the perfect way to show off the personal style of the humans within it—especially when they are tiny fashion models styled to late 60’s-inspired perfection. Mini Mad Men, anyone?
The bold print combinations, mop-tops for boys and bouffants for girls all add up to a totally swoon-worthy late 60’s vibe. We gotta hand it to Style Piccoli—they’ve done it again, elevating children’s fashion editorials to the nuanced and erudite level the clothes deserve.
Photography by Anthony Favazza
Styling by Petra Barkhof assisted by Ilaria Remezzano
Grooming Antonella Gaglio
Originally appeared in Style Piccoli
Clothing credits, top to bottom and left to right:
1. From left: dress Alviero Martini 1°Classe, shoes MiMiSol; dress Simonetta, shoes Naturino; jacket and sweater Armani Junior, pants The Animals Observatory
2. Dress Monnalisa; shirt Wolf & Rita, pants Dsquared2; shirt and skirt Senorita Lemoniez; dress Simonetta, boots MiMiSol
3. From left: dress TucTuc, dress Brums; skirt Moschino, shoes Chapter2
4. From left: dress MSGM Kids, shirt Senorita Lemoniez, boots Andrea Montelpare; vest Il Gufo, sweater Timberland, pants Petit Bateau, boots Pépé Children’s shoes
5. Dress Miss Grant
6. Jacket and pants Dsquared2, shirt Original Marines, footwear Dr.Martens; all clothes from Caramel, shoes Naturino
7. Sweatshirt Moschino Teen; sweatshirt Monnalisa
All rights reserved.
All posts copyright Junior Style Sales Ltd.
Please do not reproduce without permission.